This week’s BGSR featured feline is the wonderful Rach Hainsworth. Between the upkeep of the BGSR website and home renovations in the Gong, you wouldn’t think Rach would have much time for hitting the surf. But she’s always ready for a stab. Let’s take 5 with her…..
1. What is your occupation? Mermaid Cadet, Sea Hag Esquire Pty Ltd
2. Where is your local break? The B’s -Bulli beach and Bondi beach
3. What board are you riding now? Miller 6’6 waterskate
4. How long have you been with BGSR? Five or six years? Strangely, I haven’t got the BGSR tattoo circled around my neck yet.
5. Where is your favourite place to surf? Standing in the aisle of a crowded 333 bus, hurling down Bondi Rd.
6. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done in a wetsuit? After a surf in winter- wet, sandy, cold and in bare feet – stalk the aisles of a hardware shop waiting for a locksmith. I had accidently locked myself out of the house.
7. What is your fave fashion era? Late 1970s. A green bikini that I didn’t ‘populate’. Oh the freedom. I was also very proud of my canvas red and blue surfmat.
8. What do you do when you don’t surf? Swim like a fish, in ocean pools and heated pools in winter. Bake bread.
9. Which person (living or dead) do you most admire? My 91 year old neighbor. Her resilience, her humour and her resilience.
10. What is your motto? Eat your greens.
If you’re a BGSR member we’d love to feature you. Here’s all you need to know about The BGSR Questionnaire:
10 Questions, 10 Answers. We provide the questions, you provide the answers. Simple huh? Tell the truth or lie as much as you like; we’re going to publish it anyway. Send us a pic and we’ll publish that too.